Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jingle Jangle Jingle

It's such a fun time of year with lots of little fun things.

First a Christmas tree, Teresa actually picked our tree this year. Jonathan was very ill, otherwise he would have done it.


Nathan thought he found a good tree too - the branches


This year we added some sparkle to our snowflakes.
This is one of Teresa's

Here is Nathan's. Actually, I cut this one and he decorated it




Saturday we went to Jonathan's work party - He was feeling horrible, but we're glad we went because we had a good time and won $100 and the centerpiece. It's about time, we've been going for 10 or 11 years.

Then Sunday we decorated the tree






I have spent the last 2 months helping prepare for our Santa Secret Shoppe at Teresa's school. And then most of this week working it.

We painted 23 trees, and then had the kids color an ornament to put on their class tree. Then 1 child from each class won money to spend at the shop. (just so happens Teresa won - and no, I didn't judge her class)

We made some snowmen too.

So then we had to set up and display and price all the products for the kids to shop for. It was tiring, and not quite over yet. We have a few hours in the morning and then clean-up. But I can't help with that because Teresa has a band/choir concert at 12:45, and then I'm hosting a reception after for parents and kids, which reminds me I still have a few dozen cookies to make for it - Whew!


Then the weekend will be here and it's pretty much non-stop. So I figured I'd better post something now about this week, so I can post more next week. I love this time of year, I just wish it was a month with 45 days in it. I think it would be slightly more relaxing. Ah, who am I kidding, we'd just pack more events into it.

2 comments:

Serina said...

I love the holiday shop that the school does. Reese always has cute gifts picked out for the grandparents.

Jen said...

Wow! Now I feel bad for complaining about how busy I've been. Hope you enjoyed it.