Thursday, September 8, 2011

LEGOLAND

Sunday morning we went to LEGOLAND. We only spent about 5 1/2 hours there, and we feel like we got a good taste of what was there. But you could really spend 2 days there, if you wanted to do every little thing. Plus they have an Aqaurium and a waterpark that are seperate. We skipped 2 Lands, Duplo Land and Dino Land, actually, we skipped the pirate part too, all the rides were potentially wet rides. I'm not sure I would pay full price.Thanks to my Aunt Janine, we got an amazing deal.

Anyway, I'm glad we were able to go. The kids had a good time. Some people say it really isn't for the older kids, but I disagree. Sure, they're not going to want to go there more than once, but they have some really cool things to see. Miniland USA is quite impressive. If we had more time Teresa would have spent another hour looking at all the details.

I have so many picures, I put some on Facebook, and I'll put some here as well. I'll try not to post any duplicates


This was huge


Nathan had to hop over and say Hi to Bob the Builder



The kids with the green Bionicle lego guy

Nathan wanted to ride a coaster with a drop.
You can see he was so excited.


Granny Apple Fries. They are a LEGOLAND specific thing, so we had to try them. They were...interesting. Teresa really liked them.


Panning for Gold, once they found 5 pieces they turned them in for a medalion

A Star Wars scene

San Francisco, taken from Fisherman's Warf

The beach, with a sandcastle

New Orleans


A fountain as we walked through Duplo Land

Nathan had to get his picture with the lego Darth Vader. There was another Vader made out of Lego's, we got a picture with that one too.



The kids got their very own LEGOLAND drivers licenses


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go to legoland one of these days. The miniatures look so cool -- and I also love me some Darth Vader!