Friday, January 9, 2009

Cake!

Just another cake, this time for 2 of the Parent Club ladies. I decided to make it springy, we need some sunny things in our days. Since the sun refuses to show itself.
It's a spice cake with LOTS of cream cheese frosting, chopped walnuts on the sides and (drum roll please! ) plastic flowers ;) I'm thinking this is the way to go, who needs flowers made of frosting, they're just time consuming and no one eats them, nor should they, they're usually made in advance.

2 comments:

Jen said...

The cake looks really tall, is it three layers? How do you get it covered in the walnuts so evenly, I've tried with sprinkles before and just make a mess.

Jo said...

It's actually 4 layers, I cut the two layers in half. As far as even nuts, it wasn't even, and I made a huge mess. I just used my hands, and cleaned it up with a wet paper towel :)