Monday, May 21, 2012

A Pre-Birthday Celebration

We had a pre-birthday celebration for Nathan on the 17th. I had been toying with the idea for a few reasons. Nathan's real birthday is smack in the middle of summer when it's VERY hot and everyone is on vacation. This was the first year he had lots of friends to invite. So I did it early, and it was perfect! No stress of another party with family looming right ahead of me. I was able to have it at the park, which allowed him to invite all 22 kids in his class. He has known since last year the theme he wanted, so we stuck with that and went forward. It turned out to be a crazy busy week, but we pulled it off. And the kids had a lot of fun!

Some alien cupcakes

My mom grilling dogs for lunch

The kids in their alien antenna

The crazy gang

The Alien pinata I made for them. Nathan designed it
Now I don't have to worry too much about his birthday - we'll have family over for cake the day before and the day of we're taking him to Magic Mountain.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ahh, I love the cupcakes and the pinata, aren't themes fun? for some people.

Jo said...

Thanks, I do love a good theme!