Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Celebrate!!!


I suppose most who read my blog might not be as excited about Obama winning the election, and that's okay. We are excited enough for you. I finally have a sense of hope for my children and this beautiful country we live in. And that alone, without action, is a very poweful thing. Without hope we are nothing.
He gave an awesome victory speech, if you didn't stay up to hear it here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_cQZidZq4c


I am dissapointed that prop 8 passed, but it is reassuring to see that it was close(52% to 48%). Some day people will understand and accept everyone as equals, with absolutely, equal rights, none of this crap we're seeing now. Can't we see history repeating itself here? Slaves, womens rights, it's all the same in my book. These are human beings who deserve to have the same thing as everyone else. I'm sorry if that scares people, but, I would imagine, way back, the thought of slaves doing anything other than labor was scary and the idea of a woman voting and owning land was scary. And here we are today, no slaves and poweful woman all over the world. Not so scary anymore. I hope we'll look back on this and regret that 8 passed, maybe feel bad, that it took so long for gays to get this right to marry and have it recognized.

1 comment:

Scott and Stacy said...

Yes Jolene they checked gall bladder, kidney and liver. I have to go back for more tests.